| Rocky and Andy |
Hello, my name is Rocky Lee and this is my trusty sidekick Andy. We welcome you to our little zombie filled world. My plan is to try and keep a journal of our ongoing escapades. Well, I hope they are ongoing, as you can never tell in these trying times. I'll start at the beginning and fill in as much as I can remember. So, if you are reading this, please forgive any discrepancies there might be, especially as I am writing this in the late hours of the night; sleep deprived and a little on edge from the days events. Here we go.......
I'll start by telling you a bit about Andy and myself. I'm 37 years old and was currently employed at a local grocery store and learning the skills to become a meat cutter. The hours were crazy and, well, I wasn't too happy in my new found position. But looking back at it now, my life was on the upswing. I belonged to a medieval reenactment group and we got together locally every Monday night at fight practice to participate in full contact armored combat. And no, we didn't choreograph our fights, nor were we like the people portrayed in the move Role Models. It had been some time since I had last been to a Monday night practice because of my work schedule. Well, now almost every day is a fight, so I guess I'm making up for lost time in that respect.
When I first heard there might be real life zombies I was very skeptical to say the least. It was only a little while ago there were accounts of a drug called "bath salts" turning people in to crazed rage zombies. So surely this was just another outbreak of some drugged out idiots doing stupid shit. Well, boy was I wrong on all accounts.
One of my many guilty pleasures is gaming, whether it be a video game or the kind you push little figures around on a table and roll hundreds of dice. So, I figured I had all this zombie stuff figured out. Well, once again, boy, was I wrong. I suspect you are starting to see a pattern here. As the days wear on, I am sure most of my misconceptions will be brought to light and kick me right in my teeth. I have always had that kind of luck. Nothing can go good in my life without something bad happening just to balance it out.
I am now kicking myself for never taking up my buddy's offer to teach me how to shoot a gun. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but really, talk about learning under fire. I did mention my luck, right? Just checking...
So, you start to see your downfalls really quick when a flesh craving monster from your childhood shambles towards you. Here is my list so far:
1. Cardio. Well, like they said in the movie Zombieland, cardio is very important. I'm not horribly out of shape, but my job didn't really entail much aerobic exercise either.
2. Well, there is that whole gun thing once more.
3. Supplies, supplies, supplies. I never assumed I would need to be one of those people who filled their basement with bottled water, canned foods and salted meat. But, guess what, yup I am, and I didn't. Oh, and toilet paper is not too overrated, trust me on this one.
4. And, last on my list, but I'm sure not the last I'll add. Gas. Yup, good old gasoline. I never filled my truck more than $10 at a time. Well, $10, sooner or later, will only get you far enough to draw the attention of every zombie in a ten mile radius, and, leave you dead in the water and to far from any place you wanted to be.
I'm sure there are more shortcomings that I have overlooked. But hey, one can only be so critical of himself before it's just too damn depressing.
So, on to a much happier note. My best bud, Andy, is an American Bulldog Rottweiler mix. But, I'm sure there is Pitbull mixed in there as well. We rescued the little feller from the local SPCA. He was abused as a pup, and as a result of that, he has a rib that's out of place. It was broken and never set right. Plus, his tail was broken in two places. The physical wounds seemed to mend okay, but mentally the little guy is not quite right yet. He is skittish and doesn't take to well to strangers. As you guess, its not that great of a combination when you are trying to avoid the attention of zombies. I hope that the more we encounter them, the more Andy will get comfortable enough to not bark, at least. I'm sure you are asking yourself, "So why keep him round?" Well, he is my baby boy and I can't just leave him to such an awful fate. I didn't rescue him just to throw him out as soon as life got hard. He is smart and very protective; he will catch on soon, I'm sure. And let's face it, I'm not really up to facing this new world alone, so we will take it day by day and face it together.
So, that's a little bit about Andy and myself. I'll fill in any information I might have forgotten as I log our adventures as they come.
Hope I'm here to write some more soon.
R
Well, thank you once more for indulging my ramblings, and I'm sure my friends thank you even more.
My next post will hopefully be my character creation of Rocky and Andy, as well as a breakdown of rules that I'm thinking of adding into my campaign.
Dark Avarice
No comments:
Post a Comment